Though Alternative Tackle has experienced many changes, since its launch in 2007, the original concept has remained constant: To support independent fly fishing tackle producers and craftspeople and to provide an accessible and highly visible marketplace for their products. This is how it works:
SUPPORT: Supporting our community of artisans, suppliers and customers is the reason Alternativetackle exists. Whilst financial viability is necessary, profit it is not how we measure success. This gives us the freedom to do things differently. We prioritise, mutual support, inclusiveness and communication to build our community. this allows us to offer the best support we can, to members of The Collective, our customers and friends.
STOCK: We aim to hold a wide range of stock items. These will be listed on this website and available for immediate purchase.This means;
- Customers are able to purchase custom made tackle without the usual wait for build completion and delivery.
- Alternativetackle can support suppliers by placing and paying for orders, to maintain stock. So reducing supplier’s reliance on custom orders and providing an additional source of income.
RESOURCES: Alternativetackle is able to access resources which bring unique benefits and added value to our community;
- The Collective. Our Primary and unique resource. The shared experience, skill and knowledge of our suppliers is significant. The result is a unique creative community that can generate truly exciting, original ideas and products.
- Access. As a collective we are able to access and commission materials, supplies and services which might be difficult to find as an individual. This creates cost savings and increases production efficiency and creative opportunities.
- This Website. We constantly monitor and review this website to ensure that we take advantage of the best available, e-commerce, security and communication software. The website is built to be intuitive, simple, secure and transparent. The website also offers cost effective international shipping and payment facilities. The website is not only an efficient virtual shop front but is also designed to build trust and confidence in our customers.
- Reinvestment. Because our primary concern is support not profit, any profit made is re-invested back into The Collective.
For full details of our legal terms and conditions and guarantees, please see HERE